FPTL is able to provide the manpower that is required in all facets of stevedoring and cargo handling operations. This includes supervisors, foreman, bay planners, winch man and mobile crane operators, drivers, loggers and riggers. The majority of the labour forces of FPTL are general purpose workers who are able to perform multi skilled tasks.
Training is continuously undertaken so that the stevedores are kept abreast with any technological change associated with the industry.
The Registered Relief Workers are only deployed when the need arises.
FPTL’s current equipment fleet ranges from the 2.5 ton forklift to 40 ton Heavy container handler with telescopic spreaders. The yard tractor/trailers are also available to facilitate transfer of containers from ship side to transit area and vice versa.
- 40ton Heavy Container Handlers with Telescopic Spreaders 4
- 38ton Heavy Container Handlers with Telescopic Spreaders 2
- 32ton Heavy Container Fork trucks 2
- 12ton Empty Container Handler with Telescopic Spreader 1
- 8 ton Forklift 1
- 6ton Forklift 2
- 4ton Forklift 2
- 3ton Forklift 1
- Yard Tractor/Trailers 7
- 40ton Heavy Container Handler with Telescopic Spreader 1
- 38ton Heavy Container Handler with Telescopic Spreader 1
- 32ton Heavy Container Forktruck 1
The current range of stevedoring gear FPTL provides has enhanced the proper lifting of cargoes of various sizes and shapes. There may be exceptional cases for extreme irregular shaped cargoes but FPTL will always endeavor to provide stevedoring gear accordingly.
As a statutory requirement annual safety inspection is undertaken by the Ministry of Labor’s Inspectors.