Port of Malau
Port of Malau is situated on the North Western side of Fiji’s second largest island, Vanua Levu and primarily a molasses Port facility with deep water anchorage and berthing.
The Port caters for bulk vessels that berth at Malau X times a year and caters for the Vanua Levu sugar cane farmers. The facility is a privately owned facility by Fiji Sugar Corporation but under the jurisdiction of FPCL under its Seaports Management Act.
Data – Berth Locations
Dedicated Sugar and Molasses Berths Privately Owned
- Maximum draft: XX meters
- Tankers: Discharge lines 8 in. diameter. Depths alongside 42ft. No residue discharge facility.
- Density: Salt water, density 1025 approximately, no tide effect on density
- Fresh Water: Available at all berths Delivery rate 30 t.p.h per hose. Hose diameter 75 mm
- Tug Boat: Available by South Sea Towage Limited, must be arranged from Suva prior to arrival.
- Pilot Boat: Not available.